Last week the community made significant progress on selecting the new difficulty re-targeting algo to bring stability back to block-discovery times after the explosion in interest in Bitcoin sCrypt block-chain voting a few weeks ago raised the network hash rate to incredible levels. Information concerning the community’s discussion of the difficulty re-targeting algo can be found here on Cryptocointalk.
Omega6 is currently incorporating the changes into a new v.1.3.0 of the Bitcoin sCrypt client, which will be announced and distributed after some stress-testing on the testnet. Be on the lookout for the release of v.1.3.0 because this will be a hard-fork.
Accordingly, we are completing step 2 of the Revised Roadmap published last week on our journey to decentralize development through block-chain voting.
Bitcoin sCrypt Revised Roadmap to Democratization
Omega6 posts proposed changes to adjust difficulty re-targeting algo for a v.1.3.0 on the forum for community to review. Community inputs changes into v.1.3.0 before official release of source-code and client.
- Binaries for win, linux and mac must all be made available because v.1.3.0 will be a hard-fork.
- Evaluate difficulty re-targeting algo changes and adjust if necessary.
- Announce first set of votes; announce process for voting; announce process for submitting questions to be voted on; and specify venue for debating ideas.
- Begin block-chain voting system with housekeeping votes–or other votes as directed by community (i.e., n-Scrypt vs. scrypt-jane; incorporating zerocoin anonymity; etc…) .
- Implement vote results; evaluate voting system; and adjust as necessary.
- Vote on remaining housekeeping/intro questions and implement as applicable.
- Community explores other bigger-picture possibilities to fully utilize decentralized block-chain voting.
- Coin Governance
- Whether to create and elect a temp/perm guiding counsel or developers counsel
- Whether to vote on founding principals through a constitutional convention-type event
- Whether to embrace a completely anarchic model
- Creation and administration of special-purpose funds
- Developers funds
- Marketing funds
- Infrastructure funds
- Or a combination of the above or something completely different, as per the community.
- Coin Governance
- Vote, Implement, Evaluate and Repeat, as desired.
Detailed explanation of Vanity Voting can be found here.
Instructions for Vanity Voting can be found here.
Vanity Voting Proof-of-Concept Example Referendum can be found here.
Vanity Voting Vote-Explorer can be found here.