Simple instructions for Smokeasy’s Proof-of-Stake Vanity Voting System:
- Download and install the Bitcoin sCrypt client
- Download the Vanity Address Generator
- Use the Vanity Address Generator to create an address with firstbits matching the answer desired (e.g., 1Q11AA).
- $command-line> vanitygen 1Q11AA
- Process may take upto 10 minutes to generate a public address / private key pair
- Import the private key generated by the Vanity Address Generator into your Bitcoin sCrypt client
- Enter Bitcoin sCrypt console mode from within client (Help->Debug Window->Console)
- In console, type “importprivkey <bitcoin scrypt private key>” (replacing <bitcoin scrypt private key> with private key generated in step 3 above)
- Confirm Vanity Voting public address is listed in Address Book.
- Send coins to the Vanity Voting address to execute vote before voting deadline and keep them there for required number of confirmations
- View real-time results by visiting the Bitcoin sCrypt vote explorer.
Special thanks to Artiface for developing the Bitcoin sCrypt vote explorer.